Feb 23, 2020

WFOL 2020 Daily Challenges

Day 9/9 - Villanelle

We go with courage and we go with care
Though the way be uncharted and new
There is no darkness when I'm with you.

Fear of the unknown would our love thwart,
Our worlds so different, our Bond so new.
We go with courage and we go with care.

But pretty soon, I gave you my heart -
Wholly, a fact I thought you knew -
There is no darkness when I'm with you.

And yet there was many a false start
Sometimes it was me, often it was you.
We go with courage and we go with care.

We kept thinking we must live apart
Even after reluctance left you.
There is no darkness when I'm with you.

But we won! And know each other by heart,
Soul, mind, skin, flesh, bone, and sinew.
We go with courage and we go with care,
There is no darkness when I'm with you.

"Catherine"